Monday, November 12, 2007

Sleeping Beauty and The Beast

Let me start by telling ya that just because I work from home doesn't mean that Mondays are any easier!!! You can see that because I didn't even get finished with this post on Monday and had to continue it on Tuesday! Okay, being in my jammies versus hose and heels is a plus, and not having to brush my hair and teeth before I head to my office is another. (Not a pretty sight right)
Well yesterday (Monday) my angelic little one was in a rather spirited mood. (Doesn't "spirited" sound much better than simply saying she was a BRAT?!?!?!?!) I think she had WAY too much fun over the weekend. We did a Mommy and Me day on Saturday and we started at Chuck E. Cheese. I admit that I must be one of the only Moms that doesn't mind going there, and in fact, I am just a big kid at heart!!! Love to play the games and collect the tickets. You only need 7 million tickets to get a plastic ring that falls apart in the parking lot on the way to the car!!! They certainly see a sucker coming when I walk through the doors!
From Chuck E. Cheese we went to see Bee Movie. Now that was a treat!! We get there just as the lights are going down. I am juggling popcorn, two drinks, M&M's and of course Callie's blanket, baby, and puppy. Heaven forbid the four year old has to carry anything!!! Geeeeeezzzzz......so we get to our seats and I am trying to see where the hell I can sit our drinks so that I can open the M&M's that Callie has already asked me to open a thousand times. After the 999th time that she asked "Mom will you open these, Mom will you open these"....I finally get them and have to wonder what the hell kind of sadistic bastard has designed this candy bag. I pull, I tug, and of course the entire bag RIPPPPSSSSSSS down both sides! GREAT HUH!!!! I am juggling these damn things, and let me tell ya that they lie when they say they melt in your mouth and NOT in your hands!!!! Here I was holding these melting M&M's because Callie REALLY REALLY REALLY still has to have them. So....picture me with the popcorn on my lap....M&M's cupped in BOTH hands, and our drinks WAY out of reach on the floor. It is at this moment that Callie asks "Mom, can I sit on your lap?" Well, I turned into a magician because there is nothing better than watching a movie with my little one right there on my lap. Not being sarcastic here, I really do love it and know that it won't be long before she will be sitting in her own seat beside me, and then soon after, she won't even want to be in the same row or even the same theater!!! So the fact that she wants to sit with me is a gift that I treasure. So what do I do with this circus of food on my lap??? Well, popcorn bag in teeth moves to the seat on my right. Drinks remain on the floor and Callie climbs in my lap munching on M&M's. You'd think the movie would be over by this point in the drama, but do you believe that they are still showing previews??? I think those damn things are longer than the actual movie. Anyway, we settle in and it is by the way, a good movie.
From the movie we go home to prepare a surprise party for my Mother's birthday. Callie and I were dancing around the living room blowing up pink balloons. We already had our Spongebob party hats on, and as we were taping streamers to every possible spot in the living room, we realized that we hadn't had dinner. Callie went to the kitchen, pulled out the pizza coupons, and told me to make hers plain! I LOVE this kid! So we continued decorating and singing (badly) until the pizza arrived. Then we plopped down on the couch and inhaled it! It was nearly 10:30pm before we climbed the steps to her room and she drifted off to sleep.
On Sunday my Moms arrived for the surprise (which was just Callie and I still in Spongebob party hats). It was great fun though, and my Mom loved it! By the end of the day though, my little girl was turning into The Beast, and I knew I was in for it on Monday. She woke up very crabby, and remained that way most of the day. I had SO much work to do, and by 2:30pm I had to send her to her room. She was insane!!! Sometimes I swear her head spins around and she spews venom! I am NOT tolerant of that behavior, so off to dream land she went. As I woke her from her nap I snapped these shots.


Not looking like a BEAST here at all, and I have to say that when she wakes up she is ALWAYS smiling





However, if you pay close attention to the John Lennon wallpaper border behind our little Beauty, you will see that The Beast was there. She has torn bits and pieces from this paper and has gotten into hot water for it! Looks like her room is ready for an update anyway!

3 comments:

K J and the kids said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your story.
YOU are a fantastic mom. What a great weekend. I'm SOOO happy you have this blog so that these moments are forever documented. Callie will love to read them later on.

Bee's is a good one for the younger crowd then ?

LOVE the pictures too. Thanks for blogging ! TWICE in one week....what will I do :)

DM & C said...

Don't have heart failure or anything K! Just thought you might get a chuckle out of my crazy movie ordeal! And yes....Bee Movie is a good one!

Holly said...

Very cute. I am a Chuck E. Cheese sucker as well. Sounds like a wonderful day - regardless of any incidental chaos!

I think SPIRITED is the proper word on many an occasion. We also have a spirited child. ;-)