Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Trip to the Beauty Shop

Our family is really lucky because M has a niece that is an EXCELLENT Beautician, and we get our hair done for virtually nothing. Highlights and a cut might be $30 or $40 bucks yet when she does it, it looks like a million bucks!! The only problem is she is tough to get. Generally we just go to her house, or she comes to ours, but this week has been a challenge because Callie has been sick, and M's niece has been so busy. My Mom has a Christmas picture scheduled for Callie on Saturday so we HAD to go to the beauty shop where M's niece works for Callie's haircut. As M was getting ready Callie started crying and claiming to be scared to go to an actual salon. She was whining and whimpering and we weren't sure if she would go through with it. However, I pulled out the tough love and she unwillingly went out the door with M to get the dreaded haircut.
Of course I KNEW they would make a big fuss over her and make her feel like such a big girl, so I wasn't worried. M's niece had also promised sparkles in her hair, so Callie was a little excited about that. So....how did it go you ask??? Well just look at this beautiful face and you tell me!! I just couldn't get over the curls!! If you turn Callie upside down she has the most bouncy curls. Unfortunately, they are hidden beneath the rest of her hair. However, we learned some tricks to get those curls to pop out, and WOW is she cute with this new cut!! Just had to brag and share her picture with everyone.

4 comments:

ECand3 said...

She is way too cute. What great hair!
I think a trip to the Burgh is worth $30 highlights, as I pay WAY too much for mine and I can't find anyone to do them well.

K J and the kids said...

Her hair is GORGEOUS !!! I LOVE those curls.
We are lucky to have a sister in law....same story :)

Thank you for sharing...I can't get enough pictures of my kids :)

Denise said...

She's beautiful. Here a cut and a highlight would be like 90 bucks.

NiaCP said...

Cute tree and cute curls!