Sunday, September 23, 2007

Is This Thing On???

So here I am starting my own blog! WOW! I have been a lurker for so long that I guess it is time to just jump out and do this right?? Did I mention that I am computer illiterate, blond, and originally from West Virginia.....that's three strikes right there, so you will have to bear with me as I learn how this whole thing works. (No offense to anyone from West Virginia, but I am sure you are aware of all of the jokes out there)

Hmmmm.....so what do I say on my very first blog? What are my intentions in becoming a part of the "blog world?" I guess I am here because I have recently found a new family. Let me start at the beginning. My partner and I were blessed four years ago with an angelic little girl. With the help of an unknown donor, our dream to have a child had come true. Recently, while watching Dateline, we heard about The Donor Sibling Registry where families can connect and children can meet their half-siblings. My curiosity got the best of me, so I registered online and well, the rest is history. Within days I was contacted by an amazing woman in Utah that had a daughter close to my own little girl's age. She also had twin boys, and I couldn't wait to hear all about them. As if she wasn't amazing enough, I was then contacted by another wonderful woman from New Jersey, and she passed along pictures of her beautiful little girl and her special little twins. I also learned about a couple from Maryland that also had two little ones at home. I can't explain why it felt as if I had known these families my entire life, but that is exactly how it felt.

We had the opportunity to meet each other just one week ago, and I was granted another wish; I was given the big family I had always wanted. Again, the connection is difficult to explain, but when I think of them I am filled with love. Four families made the trip to New Jersey, and ONE giant family emerged. Nine children played happily together (well, most of the time), and although the kids were the actual siblings, I think all of the women feel that they have new sisters to love as well.

So that's where I will begin. If I can ever figure out how to post pictures, I will share a few with you. (I know...I'm blond remember?!?)

6 comments:

MizB said...

Welcome!!! I have been following the wonderful family meeting. It is just amazing. Your beautiful daughter will know her other beautiful sisters and brothers. And so much love to share with each other.

K J and the kids said...

GREAT first POST !
I especially liked the part about me.
:) ha ha
You'll get the hang of it.
They always say blondes have more fun !

Kim aka Mommy said...

Welcome to blogland! We are SO happy to have you! :o)

We have also been following along your new family journey thru the other mommies aka your new sisters. Can't wait to hear more bout your family.

Oh yeah...I'm originally from KY so I know how those jokes can be. ;o)

hotomiky said...

Welcome!! Great to have you on blogland! :o)

Can't wait to get know you more and your family :o)

Denise said...

Hiya stopping over to say hi. I been friends with your three other families for quite some time. Welcome to blog land. Ps. Your daughter is beautiful.

Babykins said...

How endearing. Welcome to the blogland. Can't wait to hear more about your family.