Sunday, September 30, 2007

Two Moms & Two Grandmas Too!!!

What a whirlwind weekend we had here in Pittsburgh! September is the month of birthdays in our family, so there was yet another celebration! At this rate I will NEVER lose any weight because who can turn down a piece of cake?? I really need to call Jenny Craig because I am seriously out of control!!! Oh well, life is short, so what the hell: EAT CAKE!!
Anyway, Mary Lou turned 25 yesterday (believe that one and I'll tell ya another one), and my Ma...well let's just say that she is still a Spring Chicken because if I reveal her true age on the internet she will undoubedly kill me. Of course Callie is still celebrating turning 4, so she was so happy to blow out MORE candles.
If some of you weren't aware, Callie has the extreme luck to not only have two Moms, but to also have two Grandmothers. Yep, my Mom is gay too...pretty cool huh? Well let me tell ya that I didn't think it was very cool when she told me that she and my Father were getting a divorce after 30 years of marriage and that she was leaving him for a woman. At that time I was pretty pissed off, and I have been told that my Mom's new love was a bit frightened of me. Go ahead and laugh, I do all the time because I am not one to be feared. I am just a crazy lipstick lesbian that would never fight because that might mean I could break a nail! Not happening! However, my Mom and her partner have been together almost 12 years, and I ADORE her now. She is my Other Mother and I call her Ma. Callie calls her Nana, and they are inseperable pals.
I didn't get great shots over the weekend, but I did get a few. My Ma is the one with the dark hair, and my Mom is the blonde. Enjoy!













5 comments:

K J and the kids said...

Are you fuckin kiddin me. We spent all of that time together :) and you didn't tell me that your mom was gay ! That's a big deal
Who came out first ? I want more. If you don't want to talk here, will you email me ?
I also want to know how your dad is.

Happy birthday everyone !

ECand3 said...

WHAT!!!!!!!!!! I CANNOT believe you didn't say anything about this at ALL when we spent time - TWICE! Yes, I am yelling in caps because I don't know how else to express my utter shock!

I need the details and I'm sure T and H will too so you better just write group email and spill it.

hotomiky said...

WHATTTTT!!!!! *rubbing my eyes* to make sure I read the right blog!

Wow... You FULL of SURPRISES!! Are there any more? any more secret? Tell Us NOW!! haha

thats so cool!!!

Happy birthday to everyone!!!

DM & C said...

HA HA HA!!!!!!!!! SURPRISE! I thought you guys knew that! Guess I have a lot of explaining to do!!!

Holly said...

That is so cool. What a lucky little girl Callie is!
So, who came out first, you or your mother?