Thursday, October 11, 2007

Holy Cow what a Fashion Statement

Every day we go through the same routine. Callie wakes up and immediately finds something in her cupboard to wear. Most days it is a Spider Man t-shirt that she just won't part with even though it is getting way to small and her cute little belly peeks out from under it. Then, to complete the ensemble, she will put on pink winter snow boots. Did I mention that she fails to put pants on??? Quite attractive I must say! The best part though is that I allow her to go outdoors and play that way....unless of course it is way too cold to be outside without pants! My neighbors must think I am insane. They wouldn't be wrong!
Today it was rather chilly when she woke up so she left her pajamas on and asked if she could wear a frilly yellow dress over them. She has such a sense of fashion....NOT!!! I couldn't resist snapping the picture, and I just had to share. Unfortunately, you can't see the Spiderman Sandals in this picture. I really think they complete the outfit. Also, she is holding her favorite cow. His name is Holy....get it....Holy Cow?!?!!? Who couldn't love a rainbow colored cow named Holy?



Once we finally convinced her to change her clothes for school (honestly, did you think I would actually allow her to go to school with a red and white thermal shirt covered in hearts, blue paint-stained pants topped with a yellow frilly dress, and spider man sandals?? I believe in giving her a sense of self, but that was taking it just a bit too far)! So, we settled on jeans and a long sleeved shirt, but she insisted on wearing her rain coat buttoned all the way to her neck. Why does this child insist on buttoning and zipping to the point of nearly choking? I can only hope that when she is a teenager she will want to wear her clothes the same way.
When we arrived at school she was sitting so sweetly in her car seat with the hood of her raincoat pulled up, and the buttons still snugly wrapped around her neck. However, she had added a new element to her outfit; she was wearing her Care Bear sunglasses and told me that she wasn't sure if it would be rainy or sunny, so she was going to wear both. She looked like she was incognito. Once again, all the teachers could do is laugh and shake their heads. Looks like our neighbors won't be the only ones that think this Mommy is insane! Here she is minus the shades.

9 comments:

K J and the kids said...

What a crack up ! I personally LOVE the layered look myself.
Everyone has been going on about their children being obsessed with dressing themselves. That is one conversation I can kindly bow out of this time around. And since I get to join in circle time on EVERYTHING else....I'm ok to not be a part of this one. JUST YET !
I'm no idiot, I know my time will come, and I'm sure it will rear it's ugly head in mini skirts and see through shirts or some other nonesense. :)

Amy said...

We, too, have been spared dressing issues with our oldest. However, our twin girl is going to give us a run for our money. She is only 21 months but already insists on the strangest combinations. For instance, the other day she wanted to wear her monkey backpack leash with her sister's El*mo backpack over it. (to see photo check our blog out, you can get to it from KJ's blog roll- twins and a toddler) I am sure we will be seeking advice from you soon on how to deal with it all.

Denise said...

Yes everyone has been saying that about their kids. K is lucky. You should see the shit Lexie tries to get away with. She loves going through her closet and bringing out the most ridiculous stuff. I love the pics and how cute the coes name is holy!

ECand3 said...

She totally has fashion sense. She looks great! I love that they want to dress themselves. Olivia insists on "matching" clohes now, though she really has no clue what it means.
What is it about zipping and buttoning the jacket til they choke? It must be a little girl thing.
PS - are you ure that's a cow? I blew it up and it sure looks like a pig to me.

ECand3 said...

I meant a mouse...it looks like a mouse.

Babykins said...

So Cute! Boys don't care what they wear as long as the undies are Diago or Scooby Doo. All the boys dress themselves, even baby. His favorite words "Do it myself, Mama!"

DM & C said...

Nope E, it's a cow....says "moo" and everything!

hotomiky said...

So cute....

Mikaela does that too...

Fun and at the same time - argh...


so cute cow!!! she has..

ECand3 said...

I still can't believe it's a cow! HOLY COW! hahahahahahaha! get it?
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Miss your faces.