Tuesday, October 9, 2007

On Automatic Pilot

Okay K....I got your message and I apologize for being MIA lately. What can I say??? We are just totally boring over here! Actually, I have been in such a funk because my family is preparing to sell the house where I grew up. Actually it is just my Mother and I that are preparing for the sale, while my only Sister is being her nasty, vicious self.
Guys I am so angry....so sad.....so empty that I am doing all that I can to just continue being a decent wife and Mom. Sometimes I am not sure if I am maintaining those things very well these days, but I am so blessed to have them and grateful that they make me smile each day.
There is so much to be done, and my Mother is wearing herself so thin. Adding the element of my crazy sister fighting with her everyday just makes her an emotional wreck. I ache to my core for her pain, and I pray that my daughter doesn't grow to treat me the way that my sister treats my mother. It is so painful to watch.
M and I had to spend time cleaning out my Father's home over the weekend, and it brought back such deep sadness and loss. I wish we had happier things to share, and I promise that we will very soon. For now though, know that we are thinking of our new extended family and feel blessed to have them in our lives. I will stop being on auto-pilot and get back to happier times. Give kisses and hugs to everyone!

8 comments:

Denise said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear that. Sometimes family stuff sucks :( Oh and you need a blog roll yo!

DM & C said...

ok....blog roll? Fill me in on the lingo cause this is all new to me! Sorry...my blonde is showing again :-)

Denise said...

A blog roll is a list on the side of the people/blogs that you love to read. You can check out mine or K's as an example. Maybe you just haven't gotten to read other peoples much yet. I would offer to help but I dont want you to think that I am pushy :)

DM & C said...

Ohhhhh......I see! You are right that I just haven't had time to read many blogs. K helped me figure out how to do this because I am far from a computer genius! Once I settle in more I am sure I will get better. Thanks for the offer to help. I may take you up on that once I have some time!

K J and the kids said...

Girl I'm so sorry !
I hope that your sister is able to put down her claws so that everyone can get through this.
I'm thinking about you.

You don't 'need' a blog roll, some people don't have them. It's just a way to jump to your favorite blogs. just a click away :)
Let me know if you want help with it.

Denise said...

Ok so she doesn't "need" a blog roll rme!!

Babykins said...

((Hugs)), hope things go better for your family.

ECand3 said...

D - I am so sorry you are going thru this shit right now. I get it. I was there and it really sucks.
I'm sorry you can't lean on your sister, I'm sorry you have to sell the house you grew up in, I'm sorry you feel like you have to hold it together for everyone else.
Please take care of yourself. Do what you have to do to stay afloat when you are around your mom and sister, but remember that when you come home to your loving Mare and Callie that you can let go. Let your pain go, it hurts less when you share it.
And call me when you need an ear. I will listen, cry and scream with you and I can certainly help you think of really interesting things to call your sister if it makes you feel better (hehe).

XXXOOO